Hackney Money Smart Project
If you are a social housing tenant in Hackney we can improve your financial capability skills so that you can manage your money better and learn to plan ahead.
We will find out what you need and the best way to help you either on a one to one session or a group workshops.
We can help you to …
- develop a personal action plan to help you work towards your goals
- maximise your income, teach you how to budget and manage your money better
- understand which bills and debts are most important, and what happens if they are not paid — and which ones are less important
- understand the different types of bank accounts and help you open a bank account
- understand the different types of credit, and help you find credit that is affordable
- plan for the future by looking at different ways of saving
- build your confidence, and improve your job interview and presentation skills
- search for jobs online, prepare your CV and fill in application forms
- find suitable computer and IT training
Free group workshops
We work with other Hackney organisations to offer workshops to groups of residents. We cover topics including budgeting, prioritising your bills, financial products and services and getting the best deal.
Contact Hackney Money Smart
Find us at at Citizens Advice Hackney.
- Telephone 020 8525 6354
- Email: email@example.com
Hackney Money Smart is funded by the Big Lottery and we work in partnership with Hackney Homes and nine housing associations:
- Circle 33
- Family Mosaic
- Newlon HousingTrust
- Genesis Housing Association
- Southern Housing Group
- Sanctuary Housing
- L & Q
- Islington & Shoreditch Housing Association (ISHA)
We also work in partnership with:
- Barclays Bank
- East London Business Alliance
- London Borough of Hackney